From Portland to Sunderland, Marsh to Rush, and Archibald to Hoddle, it took more than a while for Nike to find their place in football. But when they did, the game would never be the same again.
Welcome to issue two of the brands series. This time we're off to Oregon to explore the brainchild of Phil Knight and Bill Bowerman, a company whose innovations have radically altered the landscape of football as we know it. But it wasn't always plain sailing.
From their origins as a company to the present day, this is 125 pages on the most diverse, boundary-pushing sports manufacturer there is. Inside you'll find features on:
- The origins of Nike
- Nike in football: the beginning
- "The Nike" 1970
- Nike x Brazil: the partnership that reinvented sports marketing
- From Good vs Evil to Airport 98: the greatest adverts
- Mia Hamm and a new way of thinking
- 20 greatest kits
- Total 90
- Mercurial Vapor
- Euro 2004
- Innovation in football
- The faces of Nike
- Nike at the 2002 World Cup
- Nike at the 2018 World Cup
- The evolution of a logo
- All-time Nike-sponsored XI
- A timeline of Nike in football
- ... and much more
If you're ordering from outside the UK, please review our shipping policy below.
Order now to avoid missing out: every other issue has sold out prior to release and once they're gone, they're gone.
Dispatch: 19-21 September
As a result of the pandemic and changes following Brexit, deliveries outside of the UK are taking longer than usual to land, particularly to the EU and North America.
Note that on an untracked service, only around 70-75% of magazines land outside of the UK. We still offer this service as it keeps costs down, but These Football Times cannot take liability for packages that are not delivered on this service as it's impossible for us to trace it. All mailing companies refuse to help in such a scenario.
For peace of mind, we recommend purchasing tracked mailing for your magazine if it's going outside the UK. It may cost more but you have a guarantee that it'll arrive.
Please review up-to-date timeframes for delivery from dispatch below:
UK Untracked (2-7 business days)
UK Tracked (2-3 business days)
International Untracked (12-60 business days)
International Tracked (3-17 business days)
- All untracked deliveries in the UK are sent via Royal Mail Second Class post, which should land within seven working days after dispatch.
- All tracked deliveries in the UK are sent via Royal Mail First Class post, which should land within two working days after dispatch.
- International untracked deliveries are sent via International Second, which is a non-traceable service that can take up to 60 days in cases, though usually lands sooner. The reason we choose an untracked service is to keep the shipping costs as low as possible. These Football Times does not take liability for packages that fail to be delivered on untracked services as these cannot be located after dispatch; this includes liability for refunds and replacement copies. We will, however, always endeavour to help you resolve any problems.
- International Tracked orders are sent via International Priority, which can broadly take between 3 and 17 working days to reach. This is traceable from dispatch to delivery and a tracking number will be relayed to the customer.
- If a customer enters an incorrect address on their order, These Football Times cannot take liability for a non-delivery. In such an instance, we recommend you contact the mailing company or your local postal service to resolve it. We will, however, always endeavour to help you resolve any problems.
- For any tracked international deliveries that do not reach the intended destination, in a scenario where the correct address was provided, These Football Times will dispatch a new copy or offer a full refund.
For peace of mind and guarantee of delivery, we recommend purchasing tracked mailing for your magazine if it's going outside the UK.