Some of the greatest, most memorable chapters in the annals of modern football history have been written by Napoli, Italy's most alluring club.
From Maradona to Insigne and Careca to Osimhen, the past 40 years have been nothing short of a rollercoaster of emotions in Napoli - but the journey started much earlier. We begin with William Poths, the founding father of football in the city, and the birth of what we now know as SSC Napoli. Where did the unrelenting passion for calcio begin? To know Napoli, you must know this.
Between the legends, the villains, the inferno of the fall to Serie C post-Maradona, and the Di Laurentiis rebirth after, we've covered all the stories that matter, putting together our best club issue yet. If you like football, you'll like this. And we end with a stunning long-form piece covering the glory of 2022/23.
Behind that stunning Gomorrah-inspired cover, you'll find features on the following:
- The birth of football in Napoli
- Diego Maradona
- More than one: Maradona's incredible support acts
- The eternal highs of the 1980s
- The inferno of Napoli's descent
- Aurelio Di Laurentiis and the rebirth of Napoli
- The greatest nights: Napoli in the Coppa Italia
- Marek Hamšík
- Lorenzo Insigne
- Di Lorenzo, Kim, Kvara and Osimhen: the rise to Napoli
- 2022/23 Scudetto
- 2022/23 by numbers
- A history of the stadio
- Eight legendary kits illustrated
- The evolution of a logo
- A season-by-season overview of Napoli's history
- ... and much more