Which player comes to mind when you think of Flamengo? For us it's Zico. It has to be. But Flamengo has taken on a new meaning in recent years thanks to the remarkable exploits of Gabriel Barbosa, Diego, Jorge Jesus and co. A club that once lived off the perfect year in 1981 now feasts season upon season.
That's why our first club foray to Brazil couldn't cover anyone else. And what a treat the nation's biggest club has served up, culminating in perhaps our best magazine to date. From the wild times of Zico, Júnior, Ronaldinho, Romário, Adriano and Petković, to the Fla-Flu, that world-conquering year in 1981, the follow-up act in 2019 and more, this is Mengão as you've never seen it before.
Within the distinct red and black colourway you'll find original articles, stunning art and photos you never knew you needed to see. Come for the legends; stay for the exhilarating journey that is the world of Flamengo.
- Leônidas da Silva: the maverick who popularised the bicycle kick
- Júnior, Leandro and a re-imagining of the full-back role
- 1981: when Flamengo ruled the world
- The timeless genius of Zico
- Fla-Flu: Brazil's biggest club game
- 1987 and the title that never was
- When Romário returned to Rio at his peak
- The final fling of Adriano
- Our Pet: how Dejan Petković conquered the Maracanã
- The wild ride of Ronaldinho's Brazilian return
- The second coming of Gabigol
- 2019 and the football of a generation
- Flamengo by numbers
- Redesigned Evolution of a Logo
- The Maracanã illustrated fact file
- Eight great kits illustrated
... and much more
Order now to avoid missing out: every other issue from the club magazine series has sold out prior to release and once they're gone, they're gone.
Released 25 November