Which player comes to mind when you think of Flamengo? For us it's Zico. It has to be. But Flamengo has taken on a new meaning in recent years thanks to the remarkable exploits of Gabriel Barbosa, Diego, Jorge Jesus and co. A club that once lived off the perfect year in 1981 now feasts season upon season.
That's why our first club foray to Brazil couldn't cover anyone else. And what a treat the nation's biggest club has served up, culminating in perhaps our best magazine to date. From the wild times of Zico, Júnior, Ronaldinho, Romário, Adriano and Petković, to the Fla-Flu, that world-conquering year in 1981, the follow-up act in 2019 and more, this is Mengão as you've never seen it before.
Within the distinct red and black colourway you'll find original articles, stunning art and photos you never knew you needed to see. Come for the legends; stay for the exhilarating journey that is the world of Flamengo.
- Leônidas da Silva: the maverick who popularised the bicycle kick
- Júnior, Leandro and a re-imagining of the full-back role
- 1981: when Flamengo ruled the world
- The timeless genius of Zico
- Fla-Flu: Brazil's biggest club game
- 1987 and the title that never was
- When Romário returned to Rio at his peak
- The final fling of Adriano
- Our Pet: how Dejan Petković conquered the Maracanã
- The wild ride of Ronaldinho's Brazilian return
- The second coming of Gabigol
- 2019 and the football of a generation
- Flamengo by numbers
- Redesigned Evolution of a Logo
- The Maracanã illustrated fact file
- Eight great kits illustrated
... and much more
Order now to avoid missing out: every other issue from the club magazine series has sold out prior to release and once they're gone, they're gone.
As a result of the pandemic and changes following Brexit, deliveries outside of the UK are taking longer than usual to land, particularly to the EU and North America.
Note that on an untracked service, only around 70-75% of magazines land outside of the UK. We still offer this service as it keeps costs down, but These Football Times cannot take liability for packages that are not delivered on this service as it's impossible for us to trace it. All mailing companies refuse to help in such a scenario.
For peace of mind, we recommend purchasing tracked mailing for your magazine if it's going outside the UK. It may cost more but you have a guarantee that it'll arrive.
Please review up-to-date timeframes for delivery from dispatch below:
UK Untracked (2-7 business days)
UK Tracked (2-3 business days)
International Untracked (12-60 business days)
International Tracked (3-17 business days)
- All untracked deliveries in the UK are sent via Royal Mail Second Class post, which should land within seven working days after dispatch.
- All tracked deliveries in the UK are sent via Royal Mail First Class post, which should land within two working days after dispatch.
- International untracked deliveries are sent via International Second, which is a non-traceable service that can take up to 60 days in cases, though usually lands sooner. The reason we choose an untracked service is to keep the shipping costs as low as possible. These Football Times does not take liability for packages that fail to be delivered on untracked services as these cannot be located after dispatch; this includes liability for refunds and replacement copies. We will, however, always endeavour to help you resolve any problems.
- International Tracked orders are sent via International Priority, which can broadly take between 3 and 17 working days to reach. This is traceable from dispatch to delivery and a tracking number will be relayed to the customer.
- If a customer enters an incorrect address on their order, These Football Times cannot take liability for a non-delivery. In such an instance, we recommend you contact the mailing company or your local postal service to resolve it. We will, however, always endeavour to help you resolve any problems.
- For any tracked international deliveries that do not reach the intended destination, in a scenario where the correct address was provided, These Football Times will dispatch a new copy or offer a full refund.
For peace of mind and guarantee of delivery, we recommend purchasing tracked mailing for your magazine if it's going outside the UK.