In so many ways, Borussia Dortmund are the envy of the football world. With the fans and club boasting a unique relationship, the Westfalenstadion doors have welcomed some of the greatest players in the sport's history, many of whom have helped etch der BVB's name in the German and European game.
Amidst the highs, however, have come some crippling lows, as the club battled to stay afloat, the victim of mismanagement. But through it all, they stand today as a picture of what a modern club can and should be, blending elements necessary for survival with traditional views that make the Südtribüne and beyond such a cathedral of worship for fans across the world.
Welcome to issue three of the club series by These Football Times. This is 120 pages of original photos, art, design and words dedicated to Borussia Dortmund.
- The foundations of Borussia Dortmund
- Lars Ricken
- The unique relationship between der BVB and its fans
- How Jürgen Klopp built an empire from ruins
- Tomáš Rosický
- Paul Lambert: the Scottish brick in the yellow wall
- How a troubled 80s gave rise to the golden 90s
- The fall of Borussia Dortmund
- Matthias Sammer
- Yellow Fever: how the academy continues to shape der BVB
- Illustrated: the club's eight greatest kits
- The evolution of a logo
- ... and so much more.