There was once a time when Anderlecht could count themselves amongst the kings of Europe. It was glorious. Between Van Himst, Rensenbrink, Olsen, Arnesen, Scifo, Vercauteren and Goethals, and indeed so many more, some of football's finest talents passed through the doors of the Constant Vanden Stock stadium.
Continental glory followed, as did unprecedented success at home that saw Anderlecht fully live up to their royal billing. They were the epitome of cool.
Unquestionably one of the most enjoyable magazines we've made - few clubs are as interesting as the Belgians - Anderlecht gave us rare access and insight into the history and present of the Brussels giants, including a special interview with Vincent Kompany where he opens up on his career and philosophy of the game. It's nothing short of a spectacular story.
Featuring the usual blend of unique art, stunning photographs and some of the best writing and design around, inside you'll find almost 160 pages on:
- How Paul Van Himst became Belgium's greatest footballer
- The triumph of Rob Rensenbrink, the man who almost topped Cruyff
- Dynamite: how Anderlecht utilised the greatest generation of Danish talent
- The kings of Europe
- Enzo Scifo: the man who reinvigorated Belgian football
- The cult years: 1989-1995
- Radzinski and Koller: the peak of big man-little man
- "This is Luc Nilis. Have Fun."
- Vincent Kompany in conversation
- Thirty years in the making: the glory of 2009/10
- The rise of Romelu Lukaku
- Youri Tielemens: the perfect Anderlecht footballer
- Developing footballers the Anderlecht way
- Purple Reign: the infographic
- Eight stunning shirts illustrated
- The evolution of a logo
... and much more
Order now to avoid missing out: every other issue from the club magazine series has sold out prior to release and once they're gone, they're gone.
As a result of the pandemic and changes following Brexit, deliveries outside of the UK are taking longer than usual to land, particularly to the EU. Please wait four full weeks before contacting us about a package that has not arrived.
We aim to get all our magazines to customers in the shortest possible time, however, due to the limited size of our team, we usually dispatch once a week. For specific release dates, refer to the magazine page on the online shop, where it'll always be stated.
Please note information for shipping queries:
UK Untracked - Royal Mail (2-7 business days)
UK Tracked - Royal Mail or DHL for large orders (2-3 business days)
International Untracked - Royal Mail (10-40 business days)
International Tracked - Royal Mail (3-17 business days)
- All untracked deliveries in the UK are sent via Royal Mail Second Class post, which should land within seven working days after dispatch. These Football Times do not take liability for any untracked magazines that are not delivered but we will always endeavour to help resolve any problems.
- All tracked deliveries in the UK are sent via Royal Mail First Class post, which should land within two working days after dispatch.
- International untracked deliveries are sent via Royal Mail International Second, which is a non-traceable service that can up to 60 days in rare cases, though usually lands much sooner. The reason we choose an untracked service is to keep the shipping costs as low as possible. These Football Times does not take liability for packages that go missing on untracked services as these cannot be located after dispatch; this includes liability for refunds and replacement copies. We will, however, always endeavour to help you resolve any problems.
- International Tracked orders are sent via Royal Mail International First, which can broadly take between 3 and 17 working days to reach. This is traceable from dispatch to delivery and a tracking number will be relayed to the customer.
- If a customer enters an incorrect address on their order, These Football Times cannot take liability for a non-delivery. In such an instance, we recommend you contact Royal Mail or your local postal service to resolve it. We will, however, always endeavour to help you resolve any problems.
- For any tracked international deliveries that do not reach the intended destination, in a scenario where the correct address was provided and delivery was not attempted, These Football Times will dispatch a new copy or offer a full refund.
For peace of mind, we recommend purchasing tracked mailing for your magazine if it's going outside the UK or Ireland.