Adidas and football. Football and Adidas. It just works. But that wasn't always the case. Welcome to the incredible world of Adidas through its decades in the beautiful game.
From the legend of the 1954 World Cup final, when West Germany, with the help of Adidas, defeated Hungary's Mighty Magyars, to the fall and rebirth of the Three Stripes, this is how Adidas shaped the world of football. We've got it all: the faces, the stories, the highs, the lows, the boots, the balls and the kits.
In our most ambitious design project, the first of a new series exploring the brands of football, we've pushed the boundaries to create what we think is our best work yet.
- Adi, Rudi and the birth of a behemoth
- The origins of Adidas in football
- The 20 greatest Adidas kits
- From Telstar to Tango: a history of the World Cup ball
- Horst, Havelange and FIFA: the marketing that redefined football
- "We knew then. We know now": the rebirth of Adidas
- Adidas and the terrace culture of British football
- A history of the Predator
- 1998: the Adidas perspective
- The faces of Adidas, from Franz to Mo
- The ads that made us: Adidas on the small screen
- A visual timeline of Adidas in football
... and much more