Adidas and football. Football and Adidas. It just works. But that wasn't always the case. Welcome to the incredible world of Adidas through its decades in the beautiful game.
From the legend of the 1954 World Cup final, when West Germany, with the help of Adidas, defeated Hungary's Mighty Magyars, to the fall and rebirth of the Three Stripes, this is how Adidas shaped the world of football. We've got it all: the faces, the stories, the highs, the lows, the boots, the balls and the kits.
In our most ambitious design project, the first of a new series exploring the brands of football, we've pushed the boundaries to create what we think is our best work yet.
- Adi, Rudi and the birth of a behemoth
- The origins of Adidas in football
- The 20 greatest Adidas kits
- From Telstar to Tango: a history of the World Cup ball
- Horst, Havelange and FIFA: the marketing that redefined football
- "We knew then. We know now": the rebirth of Adidas
- Adidas and the terrace culture of British football
- A history of the Predator
- 1998: the Adidas perspective
- The faces of Adidas, from Franz to Mo
- The ads that made us: Adidas on the small screen
- A visual timeline of Adidas in football
... and much more
Order now to avoid missing out on this one-off special. Every other issue has sold out prior to release and once they're gone, they're gone.
As a result of the pandemic and changes following Brexit, deliveries outside of the UK are taking longer than usual to land, particularly to the EU. Please wait four full weeks before contacting us about a package that has not arrived.
We aim to get all our magazines to customers in the shortest possible time, however, due to the limited size of our team, we usually dispatch once a week. For specific release dates, refer to the magazine page on the online shop, where it'll always be stated.
Please note information for shipping queries:
UK Untracked - Royal Mail (2-7 business days)
UK Tracked - Royal Mail or DHL for large orders (2-3 business days)
International Untracked - Royal Mail (10-40 business days)
International Tracked - Royal Mail (3-17 business days)
- All untracked deliveries in the UK are sent via Royal Mail Second Class post, which should land within seven working days after dispatch. These Football Times do not take liability for any untracked magazines that are not delivered but we will always endeavour to help resolve any problems.
- All tracked deliveries in the UK are sent via Royal Mail First Class post, which should land within two working days after dispatch.
- International untracked deliveries are sent via Royal Mail International Second, which is a non-traceable service that can up to 60 days in rare cases, though usually lands much sooner. The reason we choose an untracked service is to keep the shipping costs as low as possible. These Football Times does not take liability for packages that go missing on untracked services as these cannot be located after dispatch; this includes liability for refunds and replacement copies. We will, however, always endeavour to help you resolve any problems.
- International Tracked orders are sent via Royal Mail International First, which can broadly take between 3 and 17 working days to reach. This is traceable from dispatch to delivery and a tracking number will be relayed to the customer.
- If a customer enters an incorrect address on their order, These Football Times cannot take liability for a non-delivery. In such an instance, we recommend you contact Royal Mail or your local postal service to resolve it. We will, however, always endeavour to help you resolve any problems.
- For any tracked international deliveries that do not reach the intended destination, in a scenario where the correct address was provided and delivery was not attempted, These Football Times will dispatch a new copy or offer a full refund.
For peace of mind, we recommend purchasing tracked mailing for your magazine if it's going outside the UK or Ireland.