Adidas and football. Football and Adidas. It just works. But that wasn't always the case. Welcome to the incredible world of Adidas through its decades in the beautiful game.
From the legend of the 1954 World Cup final, when West Germany, with the help of Adidas, defeated Hungary's Mighty Magyars, to the fall and rebirth of the Three Stripes, this is how Adidas shaped the world of football. We've got it all: the faces, the stories, the highs, the lows, the boots, the balls and the kits.
In our most ambitious design project, the first of a new series exploring the brands of football, we've pushed the boundaries to create what we think is our best work yet.
- Adi, Rudi and the birth of a behemoth
- The origins of Adidas in football
- The 20 greatest Adidas kits
- From Telstar to Tango: a history of the World Cup ball
- Horst, Havelange and FIFA: the marketing that redefined football
- "We knew then. We know now": the rebirth of Adidas
- Adidas and the terrace culture of British football
- A history of the Predator
- 1998: the Adidas perspective
- The faces of Adidas, from Franz to Mo
- The ads that made us: Adidas on the small screen
- A visual timeline of Adidas in football
... and much more
Order now to avoid missing out on this one-off special. Every other issue has sold out prior to release and once they're gone, they're gone.
As a result of the pandemic and changes following Brexit, deliveries outside of the UK are taking longer than usual to land, particularly to the EU and North America.
Note that on an untracked service, only around 70-75% of magazines land outside of the UK. We still offer this service as it keeps costs down, but These Football Times cannot take liability for packages that are not delivered on this service as it's impossible for us to trace it. All mailing companies refuse to help in such a scenario.
For peace of mind, we recommend purchasing tracked mailing for your magazine if it's going outside the UK. It may cost more but you have a guarantee that it'll arrive.
Please review up-to-date timeframes for delivery from dispatch below:
UK Untracked (2-7 business days)
UK Tracked (2-3 business days)
International Untracked (12-60 business days)
International Tracked (3-17 business days)
- All untracked deliveries in the UK are sent via Royal Mail Second Class post, which should land within seven working days after dispatch.
- All tracked deliveries in the UK are sent via Royal Mail First Class post, which should land within two working days after dispatch.
- International untracked deliveries are sent via International Second, which is a non-traceable service that can take up to 60 days in cases, though usually lands sooner. The reason we choose an untracked service is to keep the shipping costs as low as possible. These Football Times does not take liability for packages that fail to be delivered on untracked services as these cannot be located after dispatch; this includes liability for refunds and replacement copies. We will, however, always endeavour to help you resolve any problems.
- International Tracked orders are sent via International Priority, which can broadly take between 3 and 17 working days to reach. This is traceable from dispatch to delivery and a tracking number will be relayed to the customer.
- If a customer enters an incorrect address on their order, These Football Times cannot take liability for a non-delivery. In such an instance, we recommend you contact the mailing company or your local postal service to resolve it. We will, however, always endeavour to help you resolve any problems.
- For any tracked international deliveries that do not reach the intended destination, in a scenario where the correct address was provided, These Football Times will dispatch a new copy or offer a full refund.
For peace of mind and guarantee of delivery, we recommend purchasing tracked mailing for your magazine if it's going outside the UK.