Argentina's most successful football club, River Plate is about so much more than just the beautiful game. A pillar of the sport, scouring the nation for the greatest talent, this is an institution, a club whose stadium carries the most fitting of names.
So where do you begin with such history? Well, that was the challenge for the These Football Times team, and it started with a stunning Javier Arrés cover. Between that and page 160 - representing our biggest magazine yet - you'll find the stories that matter, from the legends of yesteryear to the heroes of today. It's been a rocky road to dominance, but what a story it is.
Inside you'll find the usual: loads of commissioned art, some of the best writing around, and classy design. This, like all our work, is a magazine that's meant to be kept. Featuring:
- The birth of River Plate
- La Máquina: the team that reinvented Argentine football
- The rise of Alfredo Di Stéfano
- Amadeo Carrizo: goalkeeping's most revolutionary son
- Daniel Passarella: El Capitán
- River's holy grail: the road to Copa Libertadores 1986
- El Monumental
- Enzo Francescoli: El Principe
- The making of Marcelo Gallardo
- The genius of Ariel Ortega
- Pablo Aimar x Javier Saviola: the wild promise of the golden boys
- Rebirth from relegation
- 2018: the glory of glories
- Developing footballers the River way
- Eight legendary kits illustrated
- The evolution of a logo
... and so much more
If this magazine is being purchased as part of a restock or back sale, please note that it can only be bought on a tracked mailing service as there are no further copies to replace any lost/damaged in the mail.