By the time 1970 hit, Bayern Munich had just two Bundesliga titles to their name and a solitary Cup Winners' Cup. By 1977, however, they were considered one of Europe's powerhouses. This is the story of how Bayern became Germany's most powerful football club, a true representation of its people.
From the defiance of Kurt Landauer against the Nazis to Bayern's dominance over four distinct eras - 1970-1977, 1984-1990, 1996-2008 and 2011-2016 - we've covered all the great names, stories and glories through the history of Die Roten. It's history the club is extremely proud of, and we've brought it to life in this unique magazine.
With a stunning cover paying homage to nine Bayern legends framing our biggest magazine to date at almost 170 pages, as well as art and data accompanying every feature, we've delved deep into the red half of Munich - from the Olympiastadion to the Allianz - to bring you a magazine that celebrates everything good about the game.
- Kurt Landauer and a defiance of the Nazis
- Franz Beckenbauer: Der Kaiser
- 1970-1977: the coming of Bayern Munich
- Paul Breitner: rebel, hero, genius
- 1984-1990: the domestic years of gold
- Maier, Pfaff, Aumann, Kahn, Neuer: a rare goalkeeping lineage
- The Gerd Müller and Robert Lewandowski debate
- 1996-2008: a reawakening of Bayern in Europe
- Mehmet Scholl
- The Boardroom: Hoeneß, Rummenigge, Beckenbauer, Salihamidžić, Kahn
- Thomas Müller and the mind of a Raumdeuter
- Arjen Robben, Franck Ribéry: the greatest modern wing partnership
- Philipp Lahm: a decade in the sun
- 2011-2016: Jupp, Pep and the shape of success
- Bayern by numbers
- Redesigned Evolution of a Logo
- The Allianz Arena illustrated fact file
- Eight great kits illustrated
... and much more
Order now to avoid missing out: every other issue from the club magazine series has sold out prior to release and once they're gone, they're gone.
As a result of the pandemic and changes following Brexit, deliveries outside of the UK are taking longer than usual to land, particularly to the EU. Please wait four full weeks before contacting us about a package that has not arrived.
We aim to get all our magazines to customers in the shortest possible time, however, due to the limited size of our team, we usually dispatch once a week. For specific release dates, refer to the magazine page on the online shop, where it'll always be stated.
Please note information for shipping queries:
UK Untracked - Royal Mail (2-7 business days)
UK Tracked - Royal Mail or DHL for large orders (2-3 business days)
International Untracked - Royal Mail (10-40 business days)
International Tracked - Royal Mail (3-17 business days)
- All untracked deliveries in the UK are sent via Royal Mail Second Class post, which should land within seven working days after dispatch. These Football Times do not take liability for any untracked magazines that are not delivered but we will always endeavour to help resolve any problems.
- All tracked deliveries in the UK are sent via Royal Mail First Class post, which should land within two working days after dispatch.
- International untracked deliveries are sent via Royal Mail International Second, which is a non-traceable service that can up to 60 days in rare cases, though usually lands much sooner. The reason we choose an untracked service is to keep the shipping costs as low as possible. These Football Times does not take liability for packages that go missing on untracked services as these cannot be located after dispatch; this includes liability for refunds and replacement copies. We will, however, always endeavour to help you resolve any problems.
- International Tracked orders are sent via Royal Mail International First, which can broadly take between 3 and 17 working days to reach. This is traceable from dispatch to delivery and a tracking number will be relayed to the customer.
- If a customer enters an incorrect address on their order, These Football Times cannot take liability for a non-delivery. In such an instance, we recommend you contact Royal Mail or your local postal service to resolve it. We will, however, always endeavour to help you resolve any problems.
- For any tracked international deliveries that do not reach the intended destination, in a scenario where the correct address was provided and delivery was not attempted, These Football Times will dispatch a new copy or offer a full refund.
For peace of mind, we recommend purchasing tracked mailing for your magazine if it's going outside the UK or Ireland.