The Language of Football
Few things unite football quite like its unique language. As the game spread across the world, sweeping through nations and vast continents, its lexicon diverged and grew, with no sport able to match the quirks, humour and impact of the beautiful game.
We're testing our design, creativity and execution like never before in this one-off magazine examining the language of football.
In this special edition - printed in A5 and designed to be a travel companion for when we (finally) get to see the global game again - we recruited a number of experts from around the world to share the best of their nation's football lingo. It's been a huge undertaking but we think you'll love the results.
It really is amongst our best work yet, featuring exquisite design, over 100 photos of the game's greatest players, each nation's finest kit illustrated, and so much more. It'll have you laughing and longing throughout.
Forming part of its own unique collection, we'll be releasing one treasured Language of Football volume a year, so now's the time to start your collection. In the first, you'll find 600 words and phrases on the following languages:
- Portuguese (Brazil)
- Spanish (Spain)
- German (Germany)
- Spanish (Argentina)
- Russian (Russia)
- French (France)
- Portuguese (Portugal)
As a result of the pandemic and changes following Brexit, deliveries outside of the UK are taking longer than usual to land, particularly to the EU. Please wait four full weeks before contacting us about a package that has not arrived.
We aim to get all our magazines to customers in the shortest possible time, however, due to the limited size of our team, we usually dispatch once a week. For specific release dates, refer to the magazine page on the online shop, where it'll always be stated.
Please note information for shipping queries:
UK Untracked - Royal Mail (2-7 business days)
UK Tracked - Royal Mail or DHL for large orders (2-3 business days)
International Untracked - Royal Mail (10-40 business days)
International Tracked - Royal Mail (3-17 business days)
- All untracked deliveries in the UK are sent via Royal Mail Second Class post, which should land within seven working days after dispatch. These Football Times do not take liability for any untracked magazines that are not delivered but we will always endeavour to help resolve any problems.
- All tracked deliveries in the UK are sent via Royal Mail First Class post, which should land within two working days after dispatch.
- International untracked deliveries are sent via Royal Mail International Second, which is a non-traceable service that can up to 60 days in rare cases, though usually lands much sooner. The reason we choose an untracked service is to keep the shipping costs as low as possible. These Football Times does not take liability for packages that go missing on untracked services as these cannot be located after dispatch; this includes liability for refunds and replacement copies. We will, however, always endeavour to help you resolve any problems.
- International Tracked orders are sent via Royal Mail International First, which can broadly take between 3 and 17 working days to reach. This is traceable from dispatch to delivery and a tracking number will be relayed to the customer.
- If a customer enters an incorrect address on their order, These Football Times cannot take liability for a non-delivery. In such an instance, we recommend you contact Royal Mail or your local postal service to resolve it. We will, however, always endeavour to help you resolve any problems.
- For any tracked international deliveries that do not reach the intended destination, in a scenario where the correct address was provided and delivery was not attempted, These Football Times will dispatch a new copy or offer a full refund.
For peace of mind, we recommend purchasing tracked mailing for your magazine if it's going outside the UK or Ireland.